Thursday, November 21, 2019

Three Peaceful Pines -- for Lavinia World Challenges

It's Thursday, and it's time for a new challenge on the Lavinia World Challenge Blog.  Challenges are always Anything Goes, as long as you use an acrylic or a rubber stamp -- no digital images.  Of course, we'd like to see your Lavinia Stamps getting some love!

I've gotten so I really like to ink up backgrounds.  I was intimidated by this process for a long time.  Now, I just play, and ink, and add color, and see what I can create.  That's how I came up with today's card base.   Once I got the base done,  I did a bit of stamping, die cut a sentiment, and Voila!  I had a Christmas card to add to the stash:



Are any of you mystery readers?  I love reading books by author, Louise Penny.  The Chief Inspector Gamache series centers around the small town of Three Pines.  This card is my tribute to Three Pines.  May it always be peaceful there!

The pines were stamped using the Small Fairy Fir Tree 2 stamp.  I stamped it once, as is (the tall one), once using a shorter version of the trunk, then once using 2nd generation stamping to make it look like it was behind the other 2 trees. Flying into the cold winter sky is the stamp, Ducks.  I used Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black for all the stamped images. 

The inked background was created with a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks.  I used Seedless Preserves, Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Victorian Velvet, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire.  I sprinkled a bit of water on the inks to make it look a bit snowy. 

The 'Peace' die is from Elizabeth Craft. 


There is also a new, exciting FaceBook group to check out!  This is the first challenge now that Anything Lavinia Group also gives you an opportunity to post your projects there.  So, if you don't blog, you can still enter our challenges.  Projects posted on the Anything Lavinia Group must include a Lavinia Stamp or paper. Wherever you decode to enter, challenges run for 2 weeks!  Have fun!


I hope you find time to join us this next 2 weeks at Lavinia World Challenges!  You might be the lucky winner of the $15 gift certificate to the Lavinia World Store, or one of the Designer Choice recipients.  I'd love to see your creations! 

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Outlawz Festive Fridays -- Christmas
We Love to Create -- ATG
TTCRD -- ATG
Outlawz Monday Greeting -- Winter Wonderland

11 comments:

  1. Julie, your peaceful pines truly do bring out the serene feeling of a glorious morning mist and Nature at her happiest! Lovely! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Julie. Love the soft colors you've used for the background. It is very peaceful looking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace is the perfect sentiment for your card because looking at it is so peaceful! One of those perfect winter nights when the snow is still fresh and beautiful! I can hear the geese flying overhead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this is beautiful. Just love the background and how you combined those inks. I have to try to do this and make another Lavinia card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this Christmas card. So wonderful colors. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irmelin

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    Lovely colors and lovely project, thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love TO Create, Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Julie! The pines are so lovely clustered together and I love that you did a second-generation stamping. Wonderful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous, atmospheric scene!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. The background you made is spectacular. It gives a beautiful, dreamy setting. Like that you left only three pines to maintain a peaceful card.

    ReplyDelete