Saturday, January 15, 2022

Time to Dream -- for Dies R Us Challenges

 It's the 15th of the month, and a new challenge is starting over on the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. It's an Anything Goes theme this month, as long as you use a brand of die sold in the Dies R Us Store, so very easy to join in the fun!

I don't like new year's resolutions, but I do like goals.  January is generally a quieter month, with more days spent entirely inside because of the bitter cold weather (its -5 degrees Fahrenheit, with a windchill of -23 right now). I just converted the temperature, and that's -20.6 degrees Celsius, so cold on any thermometer! Anyway, I find January to be a good month to reevaluate and set new goals, its a time to dream about the year to come....

I started out by inking my background.  I used Distress Inks in shades of Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, and Villainous Potion. I made the moon by first inking with the lightest shade (Shaded Lilac), then cutting out a circle from acetate with the Jeanine's Art Landscape Circle dies.  I then used darker colors around this circle and removed it. 

The rest of the card was created with a Create-a-Card die from Crafter's Companion. It's called Garden Retreat. I created the sentiment by using the negative space of the cutting die. 

I finished the card by adhering it to a black panel and adding some gems from my stash.

I hope you join our Anything Goes, with a brand of die sold in the Dies R Us Store challenge at Dies R Us Challenges.  It will run for 2 weeks. 

For my Canadian friends, check out the Didi Crafts Store for a wonderful selection of products and reasonable shipping costs. 


10 comments:

  1. Your card has me dreaming of spring too Julie! Thanks for sharing your positive take on the month of January. It's brutally cold here in Maine too and my plan is to spend it right inside, crafting whenever possible. ;0) Stay warm, snug & safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your background looks fabulous and the silhouette die is perfect for it. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this Julie, you rink blending is gorgeous, what a fabulous card! I can hardly wait for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dreamy card, so lovely! The silhouette of the frame with bunny is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that sentiment with the peaceful scene. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background and a gorgeous scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness, Julie, my brain can't even compute those freezing temps :-) I would go into hibernation for sure :-) Your card is beautiful and dreamy. I hope you reach all the goals you've set for 2022. Stay safe and warm. Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blending that fits the sentiment perfectly, purple's my favourite colour so I'm loving this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful background & die--love this!

    ReplyDelete