Saturday, October 20, 2018

Hummingbird Sympathy -- for Dies R Us

I'm on the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog today, with a lacy hummingbird card. 

I'm a church organist.  One of my duties, besides Sunday services, is playing for funerals.  I seem to always need a sympathy card.  Today, I used some gorgeous Dies R Us products and created a sympathy card:



I'll go over all the supplies a bit later in this post, but here's a photo of them, before I started:

The nesting dies are from Yvonne Creations Dies.  It is the Nesting Frame Die.  I love this die, but there's a bit of a learning curve with it.  Make sure you keep track of your layers, or it can get confusing.  I've ruined some paper, cutting the pattern in the wrong direction.  I always reassure myself -- it's only paper!!

Here's a shot of how I did the card base:


Notice how I leave the largest die outside of the fold of the card base.   If you look closely at the finished card, you can see where that fold is.  The outside layer is exactly the same size on the left side of the card (where the fold is).



Now, as promised -- a list of supplies used:






Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:




2 comments:

  1. Julie, that is beautiful. Love the patterned paper that is muted the way you have it in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very original!!
    Angie Scrapchild, DT for
    https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete