Thursday, August 15, 2019

Once Upon a Fairy Dream -- for Lavinia World Challenges

It's the 3rd Thursday of the month, so it's time for a new challenge at the Lavinia World Challenge Blog.  This is challenge #7 already!  Time flies when you are having so much fun! Challenges are Anything Goes, as long as you use an acrylic or rubber stamp.  Lavinia Stamps are not a requirement, however, if you do use a Lavinia Stamp in your project, your chances are doubled or winning a prize of a gift certificate to the Lavinia World store, based in the US.

I love to hang clothes on the line.  I think I am in the very small minority with this rather old-fashioned habit of mine, but I think it saves electricity, and I like the way they smell coming in from the line.  This quaint yet quirky habit of mine may be what drew me to the Fairy Washing Line stamp.  It's the focal point of today's card:



I stamped the Fairy Washing Line with Versafine Clair ink - Rain Forest, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I stamped the Once Upon a Dream sentiment with a watermark ink pad and heat set it with white embossing powder.  Next, I stamped the Stars 2 Mini repeatedly on the top 3rd of the card.  I used watermark ink again, this time, heat embossing with Pearl Blue embossing powder.

Lavinia World has a great selection of Distress Oxide Inks, and I love to blend with them!  On this card, I used Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Shaded Lilac, and Stormy Sky.

I backed my stamped and inked piece with black card stock, then a designer paper from We Are 3 Digital Shop.  You'll find many pretty papers there.

Do some shopping at the Lavinia World Store, then join us at Lavinia World Challenges!  

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Outlawz Crash Your Stash -- Embossing Powders
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
Digichoosday -- ATG
D.L. Art -- August Linky Party
Not Just Cards -- ATG

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Julie!! The colors of the background are so gorgeous!! I love the pretty starbursts you added!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and I love the colors of your background. I agree with Lisa - the stars are the perfect accent to make your scene so magical :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet fairy clothes line! The colors are perfect and those stars look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the clothes line. Totally sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I just love your Lavinia stamps. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Julie! Darling creation with lots left to the imagination. I can just imagine Mama Fairy doing laundry while children interrupt her asking for lunch. Beautiful colors! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, lovely stamp and fab background. I'm with you on washing on a line. I had my hubby set me one up from house to pergola just so I can hang sheets etc out on a fine day and not just on the whirly gig lol. Anyhow thanks for sharing at Digichoosday this week. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, I love those elf clothes on the line
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Anything Goes AUGUST 2019
    Monthly Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheerful and elegant! Love it! Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete