Saturday, June 24, 2017

Watercolor Botanicals -- for Pickled Potpourri

I seem to be reaching for different watercolor mediums these days. I have a short tutorial to share, using Spectrum Noir watercolor pencils and a fairly dry paintbrush. 

I have two cards, both featuring Pickled Potpourri Grand Botanicals digi stamp

Here's the first one, using the Grand Botanical digi stampRose Sentiments and free Robyn digital papers, all from Pickled Potpourri.

Here's how a did this:

Step one.  I started with the lightest color, 
then, I added a second, similar shade
last, the third color, which I blended slightly with a damp paintbrush
I made the leaves with 3 shades of green and some purple for contrast.

Then, I did the same thing again, using shades of violet on the flower.  I fussy cut both flowers and all the leaves.  Then, I started creating cards.

Another card, using the same Grand Botanical digital stampRose Sentiments, and free Robyn digital papers





Two cards, same products, but the look very different.  I love how that happens!  I hope you enjoyed your visit to the blog today and will come back often!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, both card are gorgeous in those colors. Thanks for showing your technique.

    ReplyDelete