Sunday, July 21, 2019

Jingle All the Way -- for Bugaboo Stamps

It's Christmas in July at Bugaboo Stamps!  You'll find all the fun and challenges at Catch the Bug this week.  Our theme is "the best Christmas Movies ever".  You can win awesome prizes all week!


Today, the Movie theme is "Jingle All the Way".  It's also a sketch challenge, so there are 2 things to follow for today's challenge.



I found a really cute Elf in the Bugaboo Store that fit the Jingle All the Way theme.  I was able to modify the sketch slightly to make it work for that, too.

This is Elf 001, colored with Copic markers.  I wanted to use red and blue papers, so I made my Elf 001 red and blue, too.  Which way do you work?  Do you match your coloring to your papers, or your papers to your coloring?  I generally color, then match my papers, but every now and then, I have papers in mind, so color my images to match the papers.

This Elf, with his jingle bells on his hat and elf shoes, fits the Jingle all the Way theme, don't you think?  And, isn't he cute?  I decided to go without a sentiment, as he screams Christmas, even without a phrase attached.

Papers on this card are from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles, and were designed for the 12 Months of Christmas Challenges. If you are joining in the Bugaboo Christmas in July challenges this week, join us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link up, too!  

I hope you join us this week for Christmas in July at Catch the Bug Blog.  There will be great challenges and tons of prizes All. Week. LONG!!!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Outlawz Monday Challenge -- Christmas in July
CCCdigi Creations -- Christmas in July
Tales from the Craft Room -- Christmas in July

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous.....love that image. I usually choose papers first, then wish I hadn't lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun. Great paper to go with the cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card design! Wonderful coloring of this darling image. Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Julie. I love the rich blues in it.
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, lovely choice of colours. I usually choose the papers first. Sometimes I colour first and then can't find the papers to match. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete