Sunday, August 26, 2018

Yappy Birthday!

I'm invited to a surprise birthday party for an 80 year old friend today, and she's a big dog lover, so I need some sort of dog-related card for her.  I think I came up with a good one!



I used this month's progressive freebie image from the Dragon's Lair Designs on this, and colored it with Copic markers.  

The card is based on this week's sketch from The Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  Here's the sketch I used:



Papers on this card are from We Are 3 Digital Shop.  I used one of the new August releases, Dog Love, also Brick Fire Station (banners) and Shabby Glam (Blue paper)





Well, that's it for this card.  I have to go pick up the surprise birthday girl's 96 year old mom and get her to the party.  Talk about a celebration!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- August Linky Party
Dragonfly Dreams -- Dog Days of Summer

3 comments:

  1. Adorable Julie. Love the papers you used for this layout. That bone paperclip is just the perfect finishing touch.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Julie!! I love it!!
    Thanks for Joining the sketch challenge on the Outlawz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! My goodness your friend is just going to adore this sweet card! You've colored him just perfectly and I love the papers and the adorable paper clips. I know I have some of those in my stash somewhere, so you've inspired me to use them. Your blog background is fabulous too. Thanks so much for joining my Dog Days of Summer blog challenge and good luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete