Thursday, October 24, 2019

'Tis the Season for Reindeer -- for Lavinia World Challenges

'Tis the season to start thinking seriously about making Christmas cards.  'Tis also time for a new challenge at Lavinia World Challenge Blog.  Challenges are Anything Goes, as long as you use a rubber or acrylic stamp (no digis).  There is a $15 gift certificate winner each challenge, and the design team chooses a few honorable mentions.  It's all great fun!

For this challenge, I made a Christmas card using a beautiful reindeer stamp.  It is one of the most realistic reindeer stamps I've ever seen!



I started by inking my background with distress inks and spritzed them with a light spray of water to make the "snow".  I let that dry very well.  In the meantime, I die cut the snow drifts and the Tis the Season sentiment.  Once I knew the background was good and dry, I stamped the Reindeer stamp (small)  onto the inked background.  I stamped the Reindeer with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne.  All I had to do was glue the pieces of the card together and I was done!

I hope you join us at Lavinia World Challenges.  I'd love to see what you make, and you just might win that $15 gift certificate from the Lavinia World Store

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
The Outlawz Festive Fridays -- Christmas
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge -- ATG with a Critter
DigiChoosday -- ATG
Pink Gem Challenge -- ATG
We Love 2 Create Challenge -- ATG
D.L. Art -- October Linky Party

10 comments:

  1. I just love how serene this card is. Seems so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Julie, that sky is absolutely stunning! The reindeer silhouette is exquisite. If this arrived in my mailbox, I'd have to frame it and hang it on my craft room wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just BEAUTIFUL!! Love the pretty background!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome interpretation of the northern lights! That reindeer really stands out for itself! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you and think that's probably one of the prettiest reindeer stamps I've seen. Total beauty - and your card is simply sensational plus. Gorgeous!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Julie! Such a fabulous, magical use of colors! Is he watching for Santa's sleigh? I think so. He's waiting for the others, so they can begin the night time trip around the world! It's a wonderful card in every way. Thank you for the inspiration - I didn't know how to use this stamp. Now I want it. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I just LOVE IT!!! That background is stunning. You rocked it!!! I debated on that image and finally made my first Lavinia card! I just think the images are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the prettiest Christmas cards I've seen! I love the colors and the simple silhouette. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie that sky you created is gorgeous! I love the color combination and the reindeer looks perfect all in black! I love this beautiful Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun beautiful card, Julie! Each day i think of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete