Monday, November 2, 2020

Butterfly & Fern Thank You -- for Ching-Chou Kuik

 Today is a big day for me!  I am posting for the first time on the Ching-Chou Kuik Challenge and Inspiration Blog.  Yes, I made this awesome team!  I've long been a fan of Ching-Chou Kuik art, so I'm super excited about this! 

The Ching-Chou Kuik Challenge theme this month is Remembrance or Thanksgiving (thanks).  With that theme in mind, I created this:


This card uses the beautiful Butterfly & Fern  image from the Ching-Chou Kuik Etsy Store.  I don't often use watercolors, but I really enjoy it when I do.  For this card, I got out my Spectrum Noir watercolor pencils. There is also a gorgeous pre-colored version of Butterfly & Fern image available. 

I cut out and backed the image with Spellbinders dies.  The lacy butterfly die is by Cheery Lynn.  The pretty fern paper is from AMB Illustrations, and the great burlap trim was purchased at Really Reasonably Ribbon. 

Join us this month for our Remembrance/Thanksgiving Challenge at the Ching-Chou Kuik Challenge and Inspiration Blog. You'll find inspiration on the blog everyday, and more great inspiration in the Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook Group



I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- November Linky Party

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Julie. I have not really dabbled in water colours, but you have inspired me to give it a go. Maybe a new year’s resolution

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new DT spot! Isn't it fantastic to work with images you love! You've created such a beautiful card! The image is beautiful and your paper choice and burlap all add to the natural wonder of it. Thanks for sharing this with us at Morgan's Artworld
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your watercolored images. WOW. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations teamie! Such a beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new teamy spot. well deserved for you
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART NOVEMBER LINKY challenge
    Your card is beautiful!! I love it.
    Thank you for your inspiration!! Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette CT -

    ReplyDelete