Saturday, January 6, 2018

Kindness Begins with LOVE!

Hello, my crafty friends!  I have a darling image and wonderful sentiment to share with you today.  I created it for the "Anything But a Card" challenge going on right now at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog.  I love creating tags, so that's what I did!

It was minus 22 Fahrenheit here this morning, so when looking through my Aurora Wings images to decide what to color, this lovely Crocus Sprite jumped out at me.  Crocuses are the harbingers of spring, and spring sounds very, very nice right about now!!!


Isn't she just the sweetest?  This is one of the most common colors for crocus, and the color that can be found in my yard, so that's what I used to color her up.

Here's a close up of the coloring.  I used Copic markers on this Crocus Sprite

This sentiment was computer generated.  Here's a close up of the sentiment, too, to make sure you get the message our darling sprite is trying to get across ;)


A couple years ago, my husband and I were on a fall mini vacation 5 hours North of us in Northern Minnesota.  We stumbled across a Ben Franklin store.  I thought they'd all gone out of business many years ago, but there it was, in the small town of Grand Marais.  I found a bunch of ribbon there.  The crocus colored ribbon on this tag was purchased there -- 10 yards for $1.59!  What a bargain!  I've been waiting for the right moment to use some of it, and this was it!


Papers for this tag are digital, and were purchased at Snap Click Supply. 

I love the art of Mitzi Sato-Wiuff.  She is a talented artist with an eye for the whimsical.  I realized when picking out this Crocus Sprite that I own 57 of her digi stamps!  I better get coloring!  You can find them either in her Etsy Shop or at AuroraWings.com.  There's a great Facebook group, too, where you'll find inspiration, fun, news of sales, and even freebies! 

Now, I'm off to link up to the Anything But a Card Challenge!  Come join the fun!

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

Aurora Wings -- Anything But a Card 
Crazy 4 Challenges -- tag you're it
Hiding in my Craftroom -- favorite colors (love using violets with Copics, they blend so easily!)


7 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! Thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge at HIMCR..
    DT Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, great coloring. Love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Julie! Beautiful color palette and fabulous coloring of Crocus Sprite. Love how she extends beyond the tag shape and the charming papers you used. Wow, a Ben Franklin store! Takes me back... Such pretty ribbon and such a bargain! Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything But a Card' challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me long for spring... It's so adorable and your coloring is perfect. Thanks so much for joining our Anything But a Card Challenge at Aurora Wings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS IT'S ALL JUST BEAUTIFUL.

    I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag and gorgeous coloring Julie!! I hope you are doing well. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete