Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Advice - and a New Release -- for MHKDesigns

Happy New Year, crafty friends!  I'm hoping for a healthy, happy 2018!  My goal is cancer free all the way through, for many years to come.

Today starts a new challenge on the MHKDesigns blog, and it's also New Release day.  This month's set is Framed Favorites.  I loved the pansy frame and this quote from the Framed favorites Digital Stamp Set.  I thought it was some good New Year's advice for us all:

Great quote, right?  I printed the Framed Favorites pansies and quote on Kraft paper, then colored the pansies with Spectrum Noir Aqua Blend pencilsS, using a Close To My Heart clear shimmer brush to blend the colors.  In real life, there's lots of sparkle and shine on the pansies.   Papers used on the border of the card are also from MHKDesigns.  They are part of the Get Well Flowers digital paper pack (one of my personal favorites!).  The borders are dies from Spellbinders, with a little glimmer trim from CTMH.

I used the colors from the inspiration/mood picture for this month's challenge at MHKDesigns.  If you use an MHKDesigns image, the challenge is 'anything goes'.  Otherwise, please use this picture for inspiration:

MHKDesigns products used on this card:


Framed Favorites Digital Stamp Set


Come join the challenge at MHKDesigns!  You have the whole month of January to join in the fun!

5 comments:

  1. Julie, I adore this sweet card! I LOVE the coloring on kraft--it's stunning! The trims at the bottom are fabulous, too! Thank you for all you do for MHKDesigns! Here's to a fabulous 2018! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this is so elegant and your coloring is stunning!
    Hugs,
    Em xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omygosh!i love this card! Your color choices are fabulous and I love this quote! Great job Julie!

    ReplyDelete