Sunday, June 29, 2014

Butterfly Wings -- for DigiStamps4Joy

Butterflies -- I absolutely love them, and can never have too many images in my collection, so when Margy, the owner and one of the artists of DigiStamps4Joy released "Angel Wings" as one of the new releases today, I was VERY excited to work with it.  These wings can be many things, and I have other ideas bouncing around my head, but first and foremost, I saw butterfly wings. 
I had a more elaborate card planned, but life got in the way.  


And here's the digi I used to create this card:


I made the card by using the largest wing, copying it, then flipping the image.  I angled it a bit on one copy, then made a copy again.  I colored one of the images with Copic markers and fussy cut that one.  I layered it over the top of the first image, angled it on my card, wrapped some Aqua Timeless Twine around it and placed it over the blue 4 1/4 by 5 /12 card base.  I stamped a sentiment from Close To My Heart, added some rhinestones, and my simple card was complete.

I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post this week, I just reached 400 followers on my blog, and I have over 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 

Now it's your turn. What do you see in those wings? Fairies? Angels? Dragonflies?  I'd love to see your creations! And don't forget to visit the DigiStamps4Joy blog today to see all the new releases and what else the uber talented design team created. 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Craft-Dee Bowz Challenge -- ATG with a Homemade Bow
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -- things with wings
Crafty Creations Challenges -- Things with Wings
D.L. Art -- June Linky Party
Simon Says Stamp -- ATG

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty color combo for this butterfly. I like the angled paper and the addition of rhinestones and twine.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job on the butterfly and beautiful coloring! I am impressed by your use of digital stamps... haven't tried them yet, and would have a clue how to flip an image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, yet elegant - love it! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ June challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! The butterfly image and coloring are beautiful! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ June Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue is my favorite color...in combination with yellow...my MOST favorite! Love how you colored this and your sweet twine bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pretty! I don't think I have ever created a card with a diagonal panel like yours. It is great. The twine and sequins are the perfect added touch to finish off the card.

    ReplyDelete