Friday, June 27, 2014

Flowers and Shapes -- Guest designing for Fitztown

Today was supposed to be my last guest designing post for Fitztown, but I'm staying on for another month (yea!), so I'll have 2 more posts with them in July.  Today, I made a shaped card to fit this week's challenge theme.  I LOVE shaped cards, and I LOVE coloring flowers, so this was a particularly fun one for me!

The flower is Fitztown FL1.  I just love all the beautiful floral images in the Fitztown store, and this one is sooooo fun to color with Copic markers! 
I cut the shaped card out on my Cameo Silhouette.  I found the card shape in the Silhouette Online Store.  The shaped behind the stamped image is cut with a Spellbinders die. The sentiment is a stamp from Close to My Heart. I finished the card off with some 3 Girl JAM crinkle ribbon from the new Tie Dye 2 Bundle, then added a stickpin made by my crafty friend, Randi (thanks, Dear!)

I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post this week, I just reached 400 followers on my blog, and I have over 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 
Come join in the shaped card challenge at Fitztown!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

Fairies Challenges -- Summertime
Just For Fun Challenge Blog -- Anything Summer
Lia Stampz -- Summer Fun
The Doodle Garden -- Summer Lovin'
Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards -- Summer Days
Crafty Catz -- ATG
Creative Craft Cottage -- Digi/Flowers
Digi Choose Day -- Anything But a Square Card
Sweet Pea Stampers -- shaped card
Sister Act Card Challenge -- ATG
Stampin For The Weekend -- ATG
Jo's Scrap Shack -- In the Garden
Craft for the Craic -- Something Summery or with flowers
Sugar Creek Hollow -- Floral
Totally Gorjuss -- Pink and Green

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Lovely coloring on that beautiful rose stamp, and pretty embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is a beautiful card! Love the butterfly pin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Julie beutiful colour's and design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I like the shape and the butterfly embellishment.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shaped card is beautiful Julie, I love the pretty flower image and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations this week. We would love to see you again next week ... Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divine Card, Thank you for joining us this month. Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card thanks for sharing with SPS this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very elegant card, love the flower. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful floral card, with lovely details. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty flower! I love how you colored it and love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous coloring on your roses. I especially love the way you have done the under petals lighter. Thanks for sharing your great card with us at Sister Act this week. Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us in our Anything but a Square Card challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty card;;;thanks for playing with us at fairies challenges blog
    good luck
    Lady

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty card, love the ribbon! Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely flower, pin and ribbon on your shape card...and lucky Fitztown to keep you for another month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really pretty Julie. Love the different shape of your card. Lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow so sweet! Green and pink is wonderful together. Love the bow and the pretty pin too!

    Thank you for playing along with our Anything Goes theme at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another beautiful job! I love the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at
    Digi Choosday
    for our anything but a square card challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete