Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let Your Dreams Set Sail! for My Scrap Chick

It seems I'm drawn to frogs and umbrellas lately.  Maybe it's the unusually rainy weather we're having, or the thousands of frogs I hear croaking from the lake across the road every evening.  They're so loud, some nights it's hard to fall asleep -- but in a good way, if that makes sense?!?
The rain and those frogs were the inspiration behind today's card for My Scrap Chick:

Just two frogs, sailing along in their own patriotic umbrella. Since it's so close to July 4th, I thought they might as well be Patriotic on their sailing adventure!
This My Scrap Chick cutting file is called "Rainy Day Kids" and it has some delightful patterns to cut out.  I cut this card out on my Silhouette Cameo.  I used designer papers from We R Memory Keepers.  The sentiment is a stamp from Unity Stamp Company.  The enamel dots are from My Mind's Eye.  All solid color card stock is from Close To My Heart.
Here's a closeup of the sentiment:

I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post yesterday, I'm close to 400 followers on my blog, and I have 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 
Have fun!
So, off you go -- let your dreams set sail!
I'd like it enter this card in:

6 comments:

  1. Very cute--I go to sleep to the sound of croaking frogs too!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very darling card! We used to have a pond in one of dad's pastures that would have an almost deafening sound of frogs croaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How appropriate that you created this in a patriotic theme with the 4th right around the corner! Super cute and summery fun. Ribbit, ribbit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm not a frog fan in real life.....but this card makes me wanna re-think that! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea for the umbrella! Love the fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute and so unique! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge and hope to see you back in the fall!
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete