Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pelicans and Summer -- for 3 Girl JAM

It's Thursday! And I love Thursdays, because it means I get to post for 3 Girl JAM. Many things in life make me happy, but 3 Girl JAM ribbon, lace, and jute rate right up there at the top of my list!
Our Summertime challenge is winding down, but summer is just getting started, so I made a summer themed card for today.


A pelican in a straw hat -- definitely summer, right?  I used 3 Girl JAM  crinkle ribbon from the Red, White, and Blue Bundle for this card.  I LOVE the red in this bundle.  It's such a true, vibrant red.
The image and sentiment are both from Great Impressions Stamps, and colored with Copic markers.  There's a teeny bit of Timeless Twine there in Firecracker, and designer papers are from Carta Bella -- Summer Lovin' 6x6 pad.  I used 2 Spellbinder label dies, and a tag die, and Close To My Heart Kraft cardstock.
Need some of the gorgeous red ribbon for yourself?  Use discount code JO10 for 10% off anything in the 3 Girl JAM store
I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post this week, I just reached 400 followers on my blog, and I have over 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 
Have fun!
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Fairies Challenges -- Summertime
Just For Fun Challenge Blog -- Anything Summer
Lia Stampz -- Summer Fun
The Doodle Garden -- Summer Lovin'
Jo's Scrap Shack -- Summer Fun
Addicted to Stamps -- ATG
Crafty Creations Challenge -- Things With Wings
Hambo Hoedown -- Here Comes Summer
Hobbybrook Designer Challenge -- Here Comes Summer

12 comments:

  1. Oh my--what a cute pelican! Great coloring and choice of papers.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is cute!!! Loving that pelican! Great job, Julie--love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Julie! Another great entry into our challenge at Doodle Garden. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! I love the cute pelican and the paper choices you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what a hoot! Adorable image and I LOVE the sunglass paper! Thanks so much for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown.

    Jeannie
    Hambo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so fun! The pleated ribbon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great summery card - love the image & sunglasses paper! Thanks for joining us over at JFF, hope to see you again. Bev (DT member) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw what a cute card! Thanks for joining Lia Stampz Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome, Julie!!!! LOVE the bright colors you used and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for linking up to our Customer Gallery at Great Impressions! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! I love that GI image and sentiment! And yes, it definitely says summer! Thanks so much for joining us for the Great Impressions challenge! I hope you share with us again!

    ReplyDelete