Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Favorite Color is?

I have the privilege of joining in on  the challenge at Fitztown Challenge blog today as a guest designer. The theme is "Favorite Color".  My favorite color changes with the season -- pastels in spring, blues and purples this time of year, reds and rusts in the fall, blues in the winter.  Does anyone else experience that? Right now, I've been using quite a bit of purple, so I'm calling it my "color of the moment", and I used it as the focus of this card:

The image is Fitztown FL4 -- one of the many gorgeous images in the store. I colored it with Copic markers. 
The papers and sentiment are from Hot Off the Press.  I used several Spellbinder dies on this card, and some 3 Girl JAM ribbon to finish off the card. 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Fairytale Stampers -- Flowers (must use a stamp or digi
Glitter N Sparkle -- Use a Digi
One Stitch at a Time -- Use a Digi
Sentimental Sundays -- ATG plus a sentiment


9 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, I love your card and purple is my "colour of the moment" too. Great job on your card and welcome to Fitztown as GD !! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

    Lynn, Fitztown DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Julie, I am the same way with favorite color(s) . . . it depends on the season (and sometimes my mood). Though denim blue is a favorite color throughout the year. Anyway, LOVE this card . . . it's so Springy and fresh looking . . . I also LOVE the base paper. What is it by the way or how did you make it? Kinda looks like a distressed corrugated paper . . . but paper can probably be printed to look like that. Again, LOVE the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say blue if asked my favorite color, however I don't use a ton of blue when creating. Not sure if that is odd or not. This is gorgeous my friend...my hubby's favorite color is purple (and also red) so this made me think of him. Beautiful work my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Your ribbon is gorgeous - love the purple! So glad you joined us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Use a Digi challenge! Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card thank you for joining in at Ditzie Digi Design, have fun and Keeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cool julie that your color changes with the season. i've never thought of color that way (in my art) yet as a canadian i would say that (with the color of the seasons.) you are brilliant! so is your card. i love the background. it looks like each layer is overlayed - like a wood side of a house. beautiful. good to see you at OSAAT. best, samara DT OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! love how the one flower is the main focus of your card... great! Thanks for sharing with us over at Glitter and Sparkle - Vic, DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at fairytale Stampers.
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete