Monday, June 30, 2014

There'll Never Be Another Ewe

It's Monday, which means it's time for a new challenge at Eureka Stamps.  Our theme this week?  "Farm Animals".  Living in America's Dairyland, I probably should have done something with a cow, but I have a co-worker who raises sheep and her birthday is right around the corner.  I decided to make her a card instead.
I'm always trying something new in this digi adventure, seeing what works and what doesn't.  Today, I tried watercoloring:

I used Eureka Stamps digi2209(35) Standing Sheep and QKR Stampede (our Sister Company) digi 15621 "Another Ewe".
The base of this card is a Strathmore watercolor paper 5x7 card.  I used some very inexpensive watercolor paints randomly on the front, & let them dry. While they were drying, I colored my sheep with Copic markers and fussy cut her out, mounting her with foam tape to the front of the card.  The sentiment is also foam taped, and wrapped with Cherry Red Timeless Twine.  I used 3 colors of Stickles on UmWow Studio's chipboard stars. Once they dried thoroughly, I adhered them with glue dots. 
I have a giveaway going on, celebrating several events: I wrote my 500th blog post last week, I just reached 400 followers on my blog, and I have over 100 "likes" on my Facebook page, Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  To celebrate all those things,  I'm having a giveaway:  I have some Timeless Twine, some 3 Girl JAM ribbon, a Unity stamp set, a Close To My Heart stamp set, some Pinque Peacock embellishments, a 6x6 paper pad, and various embellishments that I need a home for. I also have two generous sponsors:  DigiStamps4Joy is giving a $10 gift certificate to the store, and The Cutting Cafe is offering any 3 sets.  WOW! If you'd like to be eligible to win, please leave a comment on any of my blog posts between now and July 6.  I'll draw a winner on my birthday.  It's my day, and you get the present!  I'd also love it if you "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog, if you don't already. 
And that's that!  Check out the awesome designs from the rest of the DT at the Eureka Stamps Challenge blog, and join our farm animals challenge this week.  Ewe'll be glad ewe did!
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Craft-Dee Bowz -- ATG with a Homemade Bow
Crafting From the Heart -- ATG -- 2 of 3
613 Avenue Create -- ATG -- 2 of 3
Stamping Sensations -- Animal Antics -- 2 of 3
Incy Wincy Designs -- Make Us Laugh

13 comments:

  1. How cute! I like the watercolored background and the glittery stars.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the watercolor background and that sweet sheep stamp!
    Denise Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute. Nice watercolored background. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun theme and this sheep is the cutest! Love your water color backgrounds too...but you knew I would, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet card! Your watercoloring background is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet image and a great background. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It this week.
    Cindy - Designer and owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sheep card, it's woolly great! Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sweet Julie and cut lamb.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your lamb with ribbons
    thanks for joining incy wincy
    Lynne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is adorable. I bet she loved this. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute image and love the sentiment that goes with it! Perfect for our challenge at Come and Get It - thanks for sharing with us. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! I love the watercolor background

    ReplyDelete