Monday, July 6, 2020

Plant a Garden -- for JDS Challenges

It's the first Monday of the month, and that means there is a new challenge getting underway at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges.  They are always Anything Goes. Challenges now last for a month, and at the end of each challenge, 2 gift certificates are awarded.  One is random, and one is for an entry using a Jan's Digi Stamp image.  There are also 3 designer choice awards. 

I used a gorgeous stamp set from the Jan's Digi Stamp Store.  It is a new release, and has so, so, so many pretty images in it, and different sentiments with it, too. 



This card uses one of the images from Wildflower Blossoms, and one of the sentiments.  Beautiful, yes?

I got some new watercolor markers from Spectrum Noir and decided to give them a play.  There was a bit of a learning curve with the different nibs on them,  but I'm fairly happy with how this turned out.  I don't use watercolors nearly enough.  Much of the watercolor effect was achieved with a paint brush. 

The papers on this card are from We Are 3 Digital Shop.  I used 2 of the papers from Margaret's Irises.  The butterflies are from Crafter's Companion.

I hope you  join us this month for the Anything Goes challenge over at JDS Challenges!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art -- July Linky Party
Pink Gem Challenge -- ATG
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
AUD Sentiment -- Summer plus a sentiment
613 Ave Create -- Sentiment as the Focus

15 comments:

  1. This is especially lovely, Julie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card my friend. I am just popping in to wish you a very happy birthday today. I hope that you are able to enjoy it given the circumstances. Take care and I miss you!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girl, it's Mel Sanz :)

    What a lovely card you made! Stay tuned for my take on this lovely stamp this July 19.

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card and beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly magnificent, Julie! I love your water coloring. I had no idea that Spectrum Noir had watercolor markers. I've only ever used their alcohol markers. Now I'll have to start budgeting to get the watercolor markers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! I love the color of your flowers and they are beautiful! Thanks for a wonderful submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and cheerful ¬ Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very gorgeous with those colors and wonderful layout and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie your colouring is amazing. The design papers compliment the flowers perfectly.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful job with the watercoloring! If the results look this good on your first go with them, I can't wait to see what else you make when you are more comfortable with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You have been chosen as a TOP ROCKER at 613 Avenue Create for the week of July 5 - 11, 2020. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and inspiration with us and our players. Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

    THE RESIDENT DESIGN TEAM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. thank you for play with us at Gem of a craft challenge blog. good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, I love the butterflies they look like they could just fly off any moment! Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge. I'm sorry it's taken me a while to comment, I hope we will see you again in the new challenge.
    Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts xx
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply Beautiful card! Congrats on being Too Rocker!!
    Thanks for sharing your art creations with us at 613 Ave Create
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell ~ DT💕

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Gorgeous colours. Sorry I'm late, but still wanted to pop in to thank you for entering your card in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete