Saturday, November 12, 2016

Lo, I am with you always....for MHKDesigns

Hello, crafty friends!  It has been quite a week.  As some of you know, I have recently been diagnosed with Lymphoma.  I finally got to see an oncologist this week.  It has been a whirlwind --having even more tests, a minor surgical procedure to get a port put in, some training done, and everything ready to begin chemotherapy.  I'm ready!  Let's beat this!  

I'm posting today for MHKDesigns, and I made a card to help me through the rough times I'm experiencing.  It was created using one of my favorite Bible verses -- Matthew 18:20...

I used the beautiful MHKDesigns set, Mum's the Word on this card.  

Taking the mum image from the Mum digital stamp set, I colored it with Lyra Rembrandt color pencils.  Background papers, also from MHKDesigns, are French Country.  I seem to use these papers often.  They are beautiful for flowers, and I do love to color flowers!

I cut the card base out on my Silhouette Cameo, and used some stitched oval dies from Die-namics to complete the card.  The crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl JAM.



You'll find these and many more beautiful digital sets in the MHKDesigns Etsy Store. There's a challenge going on on the MHKDesigns blog, and tons of inspiration on the blog, too. Lastly, there's an MHKDesigners & Friends Facebook group you don't want to miss for even more inspiration and news!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Julie, this card is absolutely gorgeous, my friend! I am in love with the purple and green color combo, and I ADORE the layering you did! We are all here for you at MHKDesigns, my friend! You are loved!!! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, and a perfect verse to go with it. All my best thoughts and prayers to you - you can beat this!

    ReplyDelete