Saturday, September 13, 2014

Determination

Do you ever feel like giving up?  I'm usually a very determined person, but every now and then, life wears you down.  I bought this stamp awhile ago because I found it inspirational.  It came in handy when my husband had a particularly bad day at work and I wanted to make him a special card.
There's 2 things you need to know before I show you the card.
First, my husband loves to ride bike.  And I mean RIDE bike.  Last Saturday, he rode 76 miles, just for the FUN of it.  He lives to ride his bike.
Second, I wanted to make a card that would fit the theme of the Path of Positivity Challenge blog this month -- Determination.  This card accomplished both:



Do you remember learning to ride a bike?  Now, that took determination!  And persistence, and a bit of trust and courage.  My husband liked this card so much, he got tears in his eyes.  I believe it might end up in a frame so he can take it to work and have it near his desk.
The image and sentiment stamp are both from Great Impressions Stamps.  I used Tim Holtz Distress inks and a water pen on the image and sentiment. Everything else is from my stash. 
Determination -- it is a quality that gets us far in life. Never give up!
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- September Linky Party
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
AUD Sentiments Challenge -- For the Men in Our Life

14 comments:

  1. Great card. We all need this some days

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me smile! What a perfect sentiment - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah man! What a great back story and a perfect sentiment for that image. No wonder he was moved! Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#115 – For the Men in Our Life]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The washi tape reminded me of all the Band-Aids I had to put on knees and elbows when my boys were learning to ride a bike. I great card and sentiment. Praying you have a fun day filled with love and happiness. Thank you for joining our 149th challenge at Word Art Wednesday.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fab card ,love how you used the washi tape and the sentiment is great
    Thanks for joining us at AUDS SENTIMENTS and good luck
    lalkygirlx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this story, Julie. What an inspiration. I think that if we lived closer our husbands would get along famously! Joe is one of those "for the fun of it" riders too. This card touches my heart...thanks for sharing your stories and creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie this is just so fun and colourful. Love the take on determination. This is so perfect for our DETERMINATION theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, I love the story, I love the image and I love your card. It is perfect for the Path of Positivity challenge this month! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tribute to determination expressed in your card! Thank you for sharing it with us on the Path of Positivity blog this month! Lynda - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully written and what a great project to accompany it. What a wonderful way to help inspire your hubby. Thank you so much for taking the time to enter the Determination challenge over at The Path of Positivity. It is always wonderful seeing what you come up with!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this page. Great job Julie!
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant, I love the story behind it xxx

    ReplyDelete