Sunday, September 14, 2014

I {heart} Big Books! for DigiStamps4Joy

It's Sunday, which means there are new releases in the DigiStamps4Joy store today.  Even better, there are some GREAT releases you NEED to check OUT!
I've always been a reader, often reading a book a week, so when this "books" digi was released this week, I KNEW I had to create with it!
Books made me think of a bookmark, so that's what I made:


I used some watercolor paper and did a light watercolor wash for the background. I duplicated the digi "Books" and merged it into 1 stamp, colored it with Copic markers, and fussy cut it. 

 The sentiment is mostly computer generated.  The 'two hearts' is a stamp from Close To My Heart.  The "Love/Heart stamp is also from Close To My Heart. I stamped it with Ruby ink and mounted the bookmark onto a piece of Ruby card stock -- both by Close To My Heart. There's some cranberry ribbon and Aqua Blue Timeless Twine to finish off the bookmark. 
Check out the DigiStamps4Joy Store and DS4J blog for lots of great inspiration!
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- Sept Linky Party
The Stamping Boutique -- Back To School

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making bookmarks. They make such a useful gift and are probably less likely to be tossed in the trash :) I think yours is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bookmark...I will be honest, the sentiment makes me think of a song about something other than books, now it's stuck in my head, thank you very much! Great image and water color/inks combo.

    ReplyDelete