Saturday, September 6, 2014

My Favorite Teacher

I'm posting today for The Cutting Cafe. Our posts are to have a "Back to School" theme to them.  School started this week where I live.  Not only are there new students, but there's also new teachers.  One of my staff at the nursing home graduated from college this spring and got her first teaching job.  She started her first day in the classroom this week.  We had a send-off party for her at the nursing home last week.  I wanted a big card that all the residents and staff could sign for her.  As always, I found the perfect file at The Cutting Cafe.


I used the Teacher word shaped card cutting file.  I sized it to fit in a business sized envelope.  The base is Kraft cardstock.  The DP is October Afternoon.  The wood veneer words are from Studio Calico.  I used a white gel pen to add the dots.
If you are looking for something, chances are, you'll find it at The Cutting Cafe.  There is something for any occasion!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
AUD Sentiment -- Any sentiment but a birthday
Word Art Wednesday -- ATG
Sweet 7 -- Back to School
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- Back To School

8 comments:

  1. JUST PERFECT, PERFECT PERFECT...LOVE THOSE WOOD PIECES TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card the wooden accessories are perfect. Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Julie! I like your use of the white dots a lot! Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#114 – Any Sentiment other than a Birthday]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Julie I love the colors and the wood pieces are a real nize accent- I think I have some of those.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #139 “Back to School” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  5. great job and perfect for a teacher to cheer her day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those veneer pieces look GREAT on here...love that cut out and how you added the small dots for emphasis. Super cool lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - the text works so well.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet 7 Digital Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete