Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Happy {watercolor} Bird for Timeless Twine

Hello, and happy Wednesday!  I have been so excited, just waiting to share this project with you today.  I had so much fun creating it!  I seem to be my happiest when playing with watercolors, ink, and of course, twine!
This month, on the Timeless Twine blog, we are working with the theme, Fly into Fall, and this adorable picture and color scheme:
One of our projects this month has to be something other than a card.  Using the inspiration from this picture, here's what I created:


This happy little bird was created with a Unity Stamp of the Week, "Wishing you Happiness".  I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers and a water brush to achieve this look. I cut the oval shape out with a Spellbinders die.  The box was cut out on my Cricut, using the Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste Collection.  The designer paper is from Close To My Heart.  The finishing touches are all those beautiful colors of twine wrapped together and tied in a big bow.

I used all 5 colors of Timeless Twine shown in the picture above on this box:

Make sure to visit the Timeless Twine blog each day for lots of great inspiration and ideas.
She really is a happy little bird, isn't she?


I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
All Crafts Blog -- Anything But A Card
Craftin' Desert Divas -- Fall Linky Party
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- Sept Linky Party
Bitten By The Bug 2 -- Use Any Cricut Cartridge
Crafty Sentiments -- Autumn Colors

14 comments:

  1. Julie this is beautiful!! You did a great job
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely precious! Your box is great and that birdie is wonderful, Julie....whatcha going to put in that little treat box?!! oh... Love the multi twine colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cute! I love the bird with all that twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Julie, I love everything about it The bird is so cute, I love how you colored it and the colors and the twine around the treat box is the perfect touch!! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous bless you for playing at not just cards hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project, love the sweet bird! Thanks for joining our linky party over at the Craftin Desert Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely box!! Love the bird image. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Celebrate Cricut' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back again ... another stunning project xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabolous shaped box. Love the details with the bird and twine and autumn colours. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina GD Member at Crafty Sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty box. I love the twine and that beautiful bird image. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2,

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card and colouring and thank you for sharing with us at Crafty sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful project !!! I love the colors you used !!! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 !!! I hope you will join us again !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this little bird and box! Fantastic project! Thanks for joining our Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas! Have a great day!
    Tina
    TheScrappinRabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, just love this little bird gift box you did, so sweet. Great coloring!! :D
    Thank you for sharing and joining us at All Crafts Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete