Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Ballerina -- for SDS

I'm posting today for Snapdragon Snippets designs.  They have so many cutting files that can be used in more ways than I have an imagination for.  If you can think of it, there's a file for it. Today, I want to show you what I did with a simple Snapdragon Snippets A2 Gatefold card and matching envelope.

 I used two-sided Echo Park card stock on both the card and envelope.  It's spring green on one side, and yellow on the other, so the card and envelope coordinate beautifully.  The inside of the card is the same color as the outside of the envelope, and vice versa. The other papers on the card are also from Echo Park -- Life is Good 12x12 Collection. 

My mother-in-law recently celebrated her 80th birthday.  I made her this card because she likes cats, and because I don't think we ever grow too old to feel like dancing. The image is from Aurora Wings.  This cute digi is Ballerina Kitten -- Swan Lake. I colored her with Copic markers, and cut her out with a Spellbinders die.  The sentiment, a stamp from Hot Off the Press, is also cut out with a Spellbinders die.  The distress lace and crinkle ribbon are from 3 Girl JAM.
There are many Gatefold cards from Snapdragon Snippets in the Silhouette Online Store, with matching envelopes. Soon, they will be available in the Snapdragon Snippets Store.  I hope you choose one (or more!) and give it a try.  As I said at the beginning of this post, the possibilities are as endless as your imagination.

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
D.L. ARt -- June Linky party

4 comments:

  1. The Gatefold cards are one of my favorites! This is just ADORABLE!! Sweet image!! Gorgeous ribbon!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Gate Fold Card! Adorable image too! Have a Crafty Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, isn't that super cute. Love the image, but the background is great too.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card I love the ribbon and all the other elements you have added to the design.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete