Thursday, June 18, 2015

With Sympathy -- for 3 Girl JAM

One of my good friends recently lost her beloved auntie.  She spent the last night's of her life by her bedside, helping her leave this earth, and start her journey in the next.  I wanted to make her a very special card in remembrance of this woman that meant so much to her. 3 Girl JAM products and an Aurora Wings image came to the rescue!
This is Single Stem Rose, by Aurora Wings.  I colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out with a Spellbinders die.  Behind the die, there are 2 layers of Distressed Lace from 3 Girl JAM, topped by a layer of Baby Girl Pink crinkle ribbon from the Baby Bundle.  I made the stickpin myself, and added it in.  Nice touch, huh?
The Sentiment is part of a "Simply Said" stamp set from Craftin' Desert Divas. The designer paper on this card is from Wild Rose Studio.  The card stock base is from Close To My Heart. My handy We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper got a workout again, too.
3 Girl JAM lace and ribbon layer beautifully together.  If you haven't tried it, it's one of my go-to techniques.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment