Saturday, June 6, 2015

Happy Spring -- for Crafty Sentiments

It's Saturday, and I'm posting today for the Crafty Sentiments Inspirations blog.  I have a tutorial for you today.  Actually, it's more of some hints for more favorite card-making techniques.  First, I'll show you my card, using Crafty Sentiments Designs rubber stamp, Rainy Days:
I like to make shaped cards.  I think that add a lot to a card, drawing the viewer's eye to the image.  I use either an electronic die cut machine, like my Silhouette Cameo, or in this case, My Cricut Explore, &/or a manual die cut machine like my Big Shot or Grand Caliber. 
I colored the rubber stamp, Rainy Days, with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils.  I've used them before on flowers and animals, but this was my first attempt on skin tones, hair, and clothing. 
Another "tip" -- I like to match elements to the theme of the image. The die cut umbrella (by Memory Box)is a perfect example of this.  As with the shaped card, I think it draws the viewer's eye TO the image, instead of distracting from it.  Using papers that match the image does the same thing.  One of the designer papers, by Pink Paislee (Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad) has rain drops on it -- sticking with the Rainy Days theme.  
One more tip -- many of my creations have crinkle ribbon on them.  I find it incredibly easy to work with.  I can tie the perfect bow almost every time.  It's very forgiving!
Visit the Crafty Sentiments Inspirations blog for lots of tutorials and beautiful work.  There's also the Crafty Sentiments Challenge blog, with chances to win charming Crafty Sentiments stamps for yourself.  Have you checked out the Crafty Sentiments Designs Facebook page?  There's even more inspiration there. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how Pretty! LOVE the design and pretty image! Great Card! :) Have A Wonderful Day!


    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete