Monday, December 22, 2014

A Pretty Poinsettia -- for Eureka Stamps

It's Monday, and time for a new challenge at Eureka Stamps.  This week, our theme is "Use glitter".  UGH!  If you know me at all, you know I stay away from the stuff at all costs.  Glitter and I do NOT mix!  This challenge was just that -- a challenge.  However, with some new products I wanted to try out, I managed to make a mess (of course), get glitter everywhere (I always do), AND have fun.  I guess that's what this hobby is all about!

I used the Eureka Stamps digi, Poinsettia (digi16501) and colored it with Copic markers.  Then, the glittering began.  I added several shades of Stickles glitter glue to the Poinsettia itself.  I used gold Frantage by Stampendous around the edges of the diecut, then mounted it on American Crafts glitter paper.  The designer paper is by Echo Park. The "joy" sentiment is a diecut from Lawn Fawn.  The crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl JAM. It is from the Ribbon Candy Bundle
The cardstock base is from Close To My Heart.
I had my glitter challenge -- I hope you join us this week at Eureka Stamps and glitter up your own project.  I'd love to see what you make!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, your card is beautiful. I'm like you, I tend to stay away from loose glitter (don't like the mess) but I love using stickles. You did a great job on this card. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete